In this post, I shared why self-care is important. I discussed some of the things that can happen to you if you neglect yourself and don’t make self-care a priority. Despite its importance, it may be hard to incorporate self-care in our daily lives because we may think that we need to do extravagant acts to include self-care in our lives but that isn’t the truth.
Self-care doesn’t have to cost much. Self-care can be as simple as cooking yourself a scrumptious meal and enjoying it while watching a favorite tv show. It could also be waking up earlier than your children so you can have some extra time to yourself and time to prepare for the day.
On this list, I have included 100 self-care ideas you can start doing today. You can download it so you have easy access to this list and begin incorporating it in your life.
Self-Care Ideas For Mental and Emotional Wellbeing
- Do a crossword journal.
- Listen to a motivational speaker.
- Listen to a podcast or music.
- Read a book.
- Let go of toxic people and relationships.
- Get rid of negative thinking.
- Speak words of affirmations over yourself and your life.
- Write a list of compliments to yourself.
- Say no to things and people that don’t add to you.
- Get creative.
- Take a personality test to learn more about yourself.
- Find new hobbies.
- Plan your day or week so you can avoid unnecessary stresses.
- Pray and meditate on God’s word.
- Forgive yourself and those who have wronged you.
- Stop worrying and stressing over things.
- Clean up your space. Cleaning is one of those things you do because it helps you feel proud of your space and reduces mental clutter. If you need cleaning motivation, subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
- Call a loved one or someone in your support circle.
- Declutter and organize your space.
- Go on a drive and listen to music.
- Color in an adult coloring book.
- Write down affirmations that will help you be more confident.
- Write about what you are grateful for.
- Learn what your stressors are and release them.
- Unplug from social media.
- Talk to a therapist.
- Do a puzzle.
- Look for new ways to stimulate your mind.
- Watch a favorite tv show/movie.
- Create a dream board/vision board.
- Buy yourself flowers.
- Light up a candle.
- Write down your goals or a bucket list.
- Create a playlist of your favorite songs.
- Buy a new planner and plan your week or day. I find that planning really helps reduce my stress and is really enjoyable if you make it.
- Play with your children. There is nothing like legging go of the adult pressures and assuming a childlike approach. So once in a while, allow yourself to get on their level and play with them. Release your inner child.
- Get rid of bad habits.
- Find a mentor that can help you develop a new skill.
Self Care Ideas For Financial Well-being
- Create a budget.
- Find new ways to make more income.
- Learn about passive income.
- Start a business.
- Listen to a finance podcast.
- Learn more about how you can save money.
- Find ways to reduce the stress associated with money.
- Create a plan to get out of debt.
- Open an IRA Account.
- Monetize your hobbies.
Self Care Ideas For Health and Wellness
- Meal prep.
- Challenge yourself physically.
- Set up a weight loss plan you can follow.
- Join a weight loss group/ challenge.
- Cook your favorite meal.
- Try a new recipe.
- Bake something yummy.
- Buy a gallon water bottle and increase your daily water intake.
- Go for a walk with the kids.
- Run in the park while the kids play.
- Exercise with the kids.
- Love your body.
- Take a nap with the kids.
- Stretch or do some yoga.
- Try a new exercise.
- Train for a 5K.
- Try new healthy foods.
- Have a bubble bath while the kid’s nap.
- Get a manicure and pedicure at home or at a spa.
- Get a massage.
- Get a chiropractic adjustment to help lessen any tensions in your body.
- Set routines in place so you get enough rest.
- Take a long shower.
- Go to bed early.
- Get a makeover.
- Try new foods.
- Take a cooking class.
- Go on a hike.
- Get a physical.
- See your dentist.
- Take a boxing/martial arts class.
Self-Care Ideas For Social Stimulation
- Go on a date with some friends.
- Hire a baby sitter and go watch a movie.
- Join a Facebook group of likeminded people.
- Find events near you on meetup.com.
- Go to a business conference.
- Find women who you can relate to.
- Volunteer on a cause you are passionate about.
- Go on a vacation.
- Plan a road trip with other moms or solo.
- Go on brunch.
- Join a book club or moms group.
- Host a game night.
- Host a get together for moms at your place.
- Explore your city or town.
- Save some money and go travel around the world whether solo or with a friend.
- Have a glass of wine once the kids go to sleep.
- Get out of your comfort zone and do something daring.
- Go shopping for yourself only.
- Save up and buy yourself something you’ve always wanted.
- Dress up and take yourself out on a date.
What are some of your favorite self-care activities? Let me know in the comments.
Let’s continue this friendship we’ve started…
I am creating a community of single parents who are dedicated to winning despite the situation they are in and would love for you to join in!
Subscribe on YouTube • Like on Facebook • Follow on Instagram • Pin on Pinterest
☞ Did you find this post useful in some way? PIN it to your Pinterest Board 📌